Monday, August 1, 2016

GPS not working when following a route - Stock HTC 10 Android 6.0.1

Hello,


I really hope I'm not the only one with this issue. The HTC 10 cannot use the GPS when it's in navigation mode.

It works great when I open Google Map, it spots me and knows my orientation, but as soon as I search for a location and start navigating, it get stuck at "Searching for GPS..."

I troubleshooted this with HTC and tried everything they suggested (white cache, start in safe mode, factory reset, use Waze to navigate, use GPS tool to reset cache again) but all failed.

I then switched my location settings from "High Accuracy" to "Battery Saver" and it worked!

I then switched the mode to use GPS only and it failed again.

It appears that any mode that has the GPS included (High Accuracy and GPS only) will mess up my navigating. The Battery Saver uses every sources but the GPS.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue. Have any of you experience this and found a fix?

It gets more bizarre here: I tried the same thing on another phone (Blu HD, also running on stock android 6.0.1) and the same thing happened to my navigation, I have to switch to Battery Saver if I want the phone to pick up my location so it can start directing me.

How can the same thing happened to two phones? It has to be a software issue right? But the problem was still there even after I factory reset. This is really puzzling for me. Please advise.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aqbBYz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment