Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Is there any respite from a fraud company like Huawei?

I have a Nexus 6P which I bought about 7 months ago. It worked fine for about 3 months, but then the WiFi started giving problems. The WiFi icon will all of a sudden go grey and there is nothing you can do to turn it back on. This has happened several times and the only option you have left is a factory reset. But there is no guarantee that the factory reset will fix the problem either. Sometimes the factory reset will restore the WiFi connection, sometimes not. I have had to send the phone back to Huawei twice for RMA and each time the phone was returned to me with the message that the technicians could not reproduce the problem. Of course, each time I received the phone, the WiFi was working and I could setup the phone. I wouldn't be writing this post if that was the end of my problems. The same WiFi issue has occurred again and now Huawei is refusing to do any further repairs on this phone claiming that they have done all necessary testing and there is nothing wrong with the phone. I can say for sure that there is something wrong with the phone because there have been times when even a factory reset will not fix the problem. I am attaching a picture which shows a blank WiFi screen after a factory reset with no networks visible. This screen is the first thing you need to get past after a factory reset and as you can see from the picture, there is no where to go but back as the front arrow is grayed out. I have updated my phone to Android N and still the same problem.

I will be sending a formal letter of complaint to Huawei management and giving them notice that a Breach of Warranty lawsuit is coming unless they resolve my problem. I have contacted Google tech support and they have been unable to help also. Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Nexus 6P crash.jpg Views: N/A Size: 192.8 KB ID: 3860298  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bA7E42
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment