Monday, August 29, 2016

Nexus 5X splashed by sea water, backlight turns on but display blank

I was on a vacation on Bali, Indonesia. While I was taking photos of sea waves it got some splash. Since it had a casing, only front got wet so I wiped the front part. The phone was ok at that moment but after few hours I felt lag on touch screen. Then after a day the display went blank. But on a dark room I can see that the display backlight is on.

I tried pressing power button for 8-10 seconds. After doing this the phone vibrates for a second as if it's restarting. The backlight turns off for few seconds then turns on again as it does when a phone normally restarts. I also tried pressing volume down+ volume plus+power button. Similar thing happens.

I have some great vacation photos on the phone which I don't want to loose. I am hopeful as the display is not fully dead. Can anyone please help?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bB02J2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment