Monday, August 1, 2016

Kali NetHunter with Custom Bootimage

I was looking at how close my Nexus 5 really is to my R1 HD, and besides the obvious Qualcomm MTK thing they are amazingly similar.

I took the official Hammerhead NetHunter 3.0 Marshmallow zip and put it on my external and card.

I then did a factory reset including dalvik and cache in TWRP.

Installed SuperSU and booted my phone. I then installed Busybox Pro and rebooted back into TWRP.

Once in TWRP I clicked install and chose my saved nethunter-hammerhead-marshmallow-3.0.zip

It will open the Aroma installer. On the first screen click everything except the RF Analyzer, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE OLDER VERSION OF SUPERSU CHECKED TO INSTALL AS WELL.

On the next screen click everything but custom boot screen and custom wallpaper.

Click next and be patient while it installs everything, extracts the chroot image, and verifies the extract. Took about 10-12min till it completed to 100%.

A funny side note.....when running this on My Nexus 5 it would always freeze between 90-93? and after about an hour of being frozen I would do a hard reboot. On a Nexus 6 I would install it on, same thing but if I didn't wait 90+min I couldn't later manually install chroot or any metapackages.

After install finishes reboot your phone. Once rebooted I opened up From Toolbox Pro and used Root Browser to open the Hammerhead install zip. Once opened I extracted bootanimation.zip from system/media and Hammerheadwallpaper from wallpaper.

Go to Boot Animations in Rom Toolbox Pro, choose local and you can either install bootanimation.zip as it is, or choose resize and change the framerate up to 40.

Then open wallpaper chooser from your desktop and choose Hammerheadwallpaper from your extracted folder.

Finally open the NetHunter app and click install chroot. Once it verifies it already is then choose install metapackage. I always choose the forensics package.

Once that is installed go ahead and reboot your newly modded phone with a working Kali Linux install on it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_2016-08-01-18-44-16.png Views: N/A Size: 117.5 KB ID: 3830575   Click image for larger version Name: received_10107986227168670.jpeg Views: N/A Size: 82.7 KB ID: 3830576   Click image for larger version Name: received_10107986226834340.jpeg Views: N/A Size: 58.2 KB ID: 3830577   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160801-192243.png Views: N/A Size: 141.7 KB ID: 3830579   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160801-182802.jpg Views: N/A Size: 67.5 KB ID: 3830580  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aEmGSy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment