Thursday, September 1, 2016

Spontaneous issue no longer allows /cache or /data to mount

So last night, my kindle was working normally with my self-compiled CM13 build (7/1/16 version), 7/16/16 opengapps, and other miscellaneous tweaks I use to refine my experience. Anyway, I was using my device normally and set it down to charge earlier. When I came back to it, I noticed it was booting CM. A few minutes later, I see that it's rebuilding cache for all the (system?) apps. I check back in a little bit later, and it reboots again. Suspecting an issue, I typed fastboot -i 0x1949 erase cache to try to erase the cache, and it doesn't work. The terminal window just hangs until I unplug the device. I tried rebooting into TWRP before doing the cache wipe, and it ends up not fully booting into TWRP. After that /cache wipe command fails, I suspect that my /sdcard or /data partitions are full somehow, so I kick the device into TWRP via fastboot -i 0x1949 oem recovery. TWRP boots that time, but asks if it can remount /system as R/W, so something's amiss. I plug the kindle into my Ubuntu machine, and I don't see any files or anything. I don't even see the "Internal storage" icon that usually shows up. I find it really baffling. I try to browse /sdcard from TWRP's file manager, and nothing shows up there either. I check the TWRP log, and it says "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)" and "Unable to recreate /data/media folder." For /cache, it says "Failed to mount '/cache' (Invalid argument)". Note that I didn't flash anything or otherwise modify the device leading up to this. I checked the battery via TWRP, and I have a decent level of around 48%. The kindle's 3 years old (got it in 2013 as a birthday present, so I know it's at least 3). Any ideas, or is this the last leg for my 8.9"?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bJLEOz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment