Saturday, September 24, 2016

Rooted S7 - Samsung "Validation Policy" Causing Failure to Reboot?

Hi,

I rooted my S7 and had to reload to rebuild several times. I have installed LBE Security and after about a week, I get a message "LBE has stopped working" and the phone will not reboot unless I reflash to stock and rebuild it.

I found noticed in /data/data a new directory named "com.policy.drm" created exactly at 5:00 AM and did some digging and found on Samsung's website that some of their apps can take 5 days or more to run/enforce some "Validation Policy".

The link is http://ift.tt/2cYVVdv

I removed the directory and used Titanium to freeze a bunch of Samsung cr-applications in hopes I can reboot without having to reflash and rebuild it.

Has anyone encountered this?

Model Number: SM-930A (ATT)
Version: 6.0.1
Security Patch Level: April 2, 2016
Kernel: 3.18.20-78562272-eng
Build: MMB29M.G930AUCU2APD1

Thanks


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dpa81I
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment