Saturday, September 24, 2016

Need help with a soft bricked Nexus 9

I am helping a friend revive his tablet, and I thought I had this figured out, but cannot get it to work. I am trying to use ADB to sideload an OTA package to the tablet. When I run the sideload command, on the PC the progress just immediately stops at 0%. On the tablet, I see the following...

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
verifying update package...
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

The devices bootloader is locked, and since you cannot get to the operating system, there is no way to set the OEM unlock. I read somewhere that using the "Apply update from ADB" on the tablets recovery utility did not require the bootloader to be unlocked, but maybe that is not correct. I am pretty sure I have downloaded the correct OTA package for the tablet.

More info:
On the top of the tablets screen in the recovery menu it shows:

google/volantis/flounder
6.0.1/MOB30G/2723637

Apparently this happened while he was running an OTA update. Any help would be appreciated!!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cYVL6b
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment