Sunday, August 28, 2016

New install on partition

Hi so I installed remix OS on a FAT32 partition from my C drive

I did this by mounting the iso, the latest version from 5 days ago, and copying all the contents to my new FAT32 partition. then I used the UEFI Editor to create a boot option in my F12 boot options menu.

It has booted and now it's just sitting on the splash screen of remix OS and it's flashing. Last time I did this it just sat there for almost 2 hours flashing. I'm not sure if this is going to work or not but does this make sense. Is there a better option for me using a 64-bit UEFI Dell XPS 18?

I am dual booting with Windows 10. I guess my real question is how long does it generally take for remix OS to boot from a partition install? And also is the splash screen flashing mean that it's working correctly and I just need to leave it alone for a while? Any help is highly appreciated and I'm kind of new to dual booting / installing a secondary OS


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bIaxgK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment