Monday, August 29, 2016

Custom Recovery for ATT Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 8.0

Hello. Sorry if I sound like a COMPLETE noob here and if I posted in the incorrect place.
I am going to start from the very beginning so I can explain myself.
I am currently on a mission to be able to play Pokemon GO on my tablet and spoof my GPS without getting banned. Ill be running it on an account that I wouldn't care if it was banned so please do not just tell me to not do it.
First of all I had manually installed an update to lollipop (5.1.1) when first receiving the tablet. This was still Samsung official OS. In order to obtain my goal I had to root it. So after trial and error I managed to get my device rooted using KingRoot. Couldn't understand a damn thing because it was in Chinese but it was still successful.
This allowed me to install my GPS spoofer hider (supposed to hide GPS spoof from GO). Now it seemed promising until it told me I needed Xposed framework installed. Went to go install it however now I need a custom recovery manager to install that. I have checked with both ROM Manger and TWRP but I cant find my device. I assume its not supported by either.
Is there any decent custom recoveries that will work for my device or have I hit a complete dead end? Maybe someone might even have a COMPLETELY different approach to accomplish my goal. I don't know if you need this to answer my questions but here is everything that seems relevant in about my device.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Number: SAMSUNG-SM-T337A
Android Version: 5.1.1
Baseband version: T337AUCU2BOH44
Kernel Version:
3.4.0-5608828
dpi@SWHD8906#1
Thu Aug 13 17:01:34 KST 2015
Build Number: LMY47X.T337AUCU2BOH4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would also like to say thank you. Not just for helping me directly in my situation but for everything. MANY of times I have wanted to do something on my phones and other android devices and I would always end up in these forums and get everything I needed. You guys are the best!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bL9rmi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment