Sunday, September 25, 2016

I need help to minimise battery drain when not in use

Hi everyone,

The battery drain on my phone is atrocious, and I'm thinking it's a software related issue rather than hardware (phones aren't really my area, so this thinking isn't based on much). Now I don't use my phone much, and when in standby pretty much all of the toggles are turned off (no wifi, data, bluetooth, NFC). Yet even so, if I charge my phone and then unplug it before going to sleep, in the morning I'll only have 20-50% charge left. This is the most common outcome, though once or twice this drain hasn't happened and I've had 2 or 3 solid days of use.

As mentioned phones aren't really my area, but I've installed several apps (Doze, Gsam, Wakelock detector) and tried to lock everything down when not in use, without results.

I'm using Cyanogenmod 13.0-20160908, and Nova Launcher. I've got screenshots from Gsam, but not sure how to add them here (or where to upload them to link to them). Some of the details include (after being charged then not used till I took the screenshots):
Used 77% in 21h 9m (3.6%/h - 13h 54m Active)
Phone 0%
Screen 00:13:49 2%
Phone Radio 21:09:31 7%
Wifi Active 21:09:31 2%
Held Awake 13:40:30 12%
App Usage 76%

Then from App Usage breakdown:
Kernel (Android OS) 25.7% --> CPU Usage (Background Only) 2h 36m, Keep Awake 13h 35m
CyanogenMod System 20.6% --> CPU Usage (Background Only) 2h 5m, Keep Awake 26s, No of Wake Locks 233, No of times waking device 40
Phone Services 17.7% --> CPU Usage (Background Only) 1h 47m, Keep Awake 3m, No of Wake Locks 11107 --> Wakelock Detail: RILJ 3.6m (9884), ServiceStateTracker 15.5s (1223).

Let me know what details would be useful, and thanks in advance for any help. If flashing another rom or back to miui would be likely to fix things I'll do it. I have a few other minor niggles, but if this can be fixed I'd appreciate it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d11kPD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment