Monday, August 1, 2016

[Q] [HELP] Rogers XT1058 OTA Brick

I've got a Rogers XT1058 device that's stuck in fastboot.

History:
Purchased 2 years ago. Immediately unlocked the bootloader on purchase. Stayed on stock and upgraded to 5.1 as soon as it came out. Went to CM12.1 later, which I've been running since then. Yesterday, I decided to look at the unofficial MM builds since I have the Cell Standby power drain issue on Lollipop.

First, I tried unofficial CM13 by flashing it over CM12. It worked well, but I saw the XT1058 was on the list of supported devices for CypherOS - so went to try that as well. It wouldn't install on top of the CM13 build, so I flashed a stock image I'd downloaded and archived last year: XT1058_GHOST_RCICA_5.1_LPA23.12-15_cid14_CFC. There was an OTA which I let install. Used TWRP to install CypherOS, but ultimately decided I wanted to use the unofficial CM13 instead. Flashed the same stock image, got the OTA again ... and now it's stuck in fastboot.

Now my lovely Moto X only boots to Fastboot with the message:
-> downgraded security version
-> update gpt_main version failed
-> Failed to hab check for gpt_backup: 0x35
-> CID Read Failure
-> Invalid CID status 0x69
-> CustomerID error. Contact Dealer: 0xdead


OK. Well, that sucks. Starting from what little I know, I tried to re-flash the stock image again:

# mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target max-download-size: 768MB
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.300s]
-> downloading 32768 bytes
-> done
writing 'partition'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 1.230s
-> downgraded security version
-> update gpt_main version failed
-> preflash validation failed for GPT

# mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target max-download-size: 768MB
sending 'motoboot' (1604 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.439s]
-> downloading 1643008 bytes
-> done
writing 'motoboot'...
(bootloader) Motoboot: Unknown partition name
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.719s


So that didn't work. So things look pretty bad from my standpoint.

If relevant, the headers at top of the fastboot screen read:
-> AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
-> 30.BE(*) (sha-34b7ccb, 2015-04-22 12:57:17)
-> eMMC: 16GB Toshiba RV=06 PV=01 TY=17
-> DRAM: 2048 MB Hynix S4 SDRAM DIE=4GB
-> Up Time: 1 minute
-> Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0
-> Battery OK

Also, I've had the same results with two different stock firmware versions:
XT1058_GHOST_RCICA_5.1_LPA23.12-15_cid14_CFC [May 2015]
XT1058_GHOST_RCICA_5.1_LPA23.12-21.7_cid14_CFC [August 2015]

Can someone point me in the best direction to recover from this (if possible)? Are there newer firmware images of gpt.bin that should be used instead? Also, can anyone provide insight into why this process of flashing back to 23.12-15 and applying the OTA never had issues the other times I've done it, but this latest time has bricked the device?

BTW, I'm not sure if I should try the BlankFlash recovery approach mentioned by CrashXXL and Gundabolu SC, since my device does *not* connect as QHSUSB_DLOAD but rather "fastboot ghost S".

Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aqecvt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment