Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Evo 3D unable to be rooted or interfaced with via ADB/Fastboot/File explorer

So, I got this Sprint HTC Evo 3D for free from those places where they give you a free phone and a supposedly paid by the "Government" or-so-my-mother tells-me mobile plan on Sprint. It's a pain to root it, much less ADB into it or access its filesystem to modify things. The phone has no internal SD, a big issue, though play store apps can install. ADB seems to not work on it, even with all drivers installed, no computer will detect the phone plugged in, and when I enter fastboot and plug the phone into my computer (Running Ubuntu 15.04), and type in
HTML Code:

fastboot devices
into the terminal, it does not return anything, making unlocking the bootloader impossible for me. There was one time when the phone had an ext. SD card in it, and ADB worked, but when I tried to root it, it failed. So, I reconnected the phone, and it never worked again. The USB port isn't broken, since I got access to it once, and no, the USB cable is not the issue. I have not messed with any system files, partitions or anything like that. The phone is running stock sense, and the bootloader is locked. Can anyone identify this infuriating issue? I have worked with other android devices, but this is the first time I've had an issue like this. Googling returns nothing that will solve this issue. I hate the stock Sense ROM.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NOFwGT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment