Saturday, May 28, 2016

IWOWN i5+ BLE bracelet teardown with debug programming pins etc

Hey I got one of these to do some hacking on - well, I got several of them, because taking one apart is very much a one-way trip.

As posted elsewhere, it's made of:
A 128x16 white OLED
NRF51822 BLE chip (16K ram version)
Atmel ATmega16U2 (I guess to read the accelerometer at low power, but it also has USB)
An accelerometer (not sure which exact one)
Azoteq IQS263 touch sensor
24C256 EEPROM
..and some other stuff like a Lipo charger, vibration motor etc.
Typical cost is $15-$20 on ebay etc.

The cap-touch screen is quite good - detects swipes and taps reliably.
It's very well sealed - completely closed plastic molding. It looks to be fully waterproof to me.

Well... waterproof until I took a hacksaw to it. There's no way to disassemble it other than to (carefully) hacksaw/dremel the case open. Mine is still working fine, albeit in pieces..

I didn't see many photos of the guts online (just a couple) so or anyone else planning to hack on firmware for it, I found very convenient SWD and UART testpoints (under the OLED)...

Was figuring I might be able to find the time to do some alt firmware for it, because I quite like that Nordic chip, and it's a pretty decent waterproof BLE wrist-display with reasonable battery life (~7days people have said) and touch-sensor at a very attractive price.

I'll let you know what else I figure out about the hardware but first some teardown pics;
FULL PICS:
(oh man **** this forum not letting me post URLs... ok whatever, you figure this out..)
imgur.com/a/qTrSN

Samples images attached...

NOTE that test test points "RESET" and "CLK" are regular Cortex M0 SWDIO and SWDCLK, so just bust out the ST-Link/J-Link and have at it. Nice to have UART TX+RX too. Very civilized.

If I have time to get further into it I'll post more hw details on here.
Cheers,
DrTune

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: b1.jpg Views: N/A Size: 254.6 KB ID: 3765586   Click image for larger version Name: b2.jpg Views: N/A Size: 266.4 KB ID: 3765587   Click image for larger version Name: b4.jpg Views: N/A Size: 262.6 KB ID: 3765588   Click image for larger version Name: b5.jpg Views: N/A Size: 259.5 KB ID: 3765589  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VnSBIG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment