Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Updating help

Hey guys,

I have been using a 5.0.2 rooted firmware for the longest time possible and it is time for my to update my firmware because of certain battery issues.

How should I go about updating it? I did supersu's full unroot and tried the original software update but I still get the error message saying that my firmware is modified.

Tried out smart switch restore+update but after downloading the firmware and putting my phone to download mode, it gets stuck at 0%, not sure if its my wire issue because its a 3rd party wire, lost all my original wires so far with no more ideas I can come up with.

I am currently downloading my firmwares from sammobile which is taking ages, with the risk of the download corrupting halfway through. Can I flash a 6.0.1 stock firmware on my 5.0.2 and magically everything will work and my phone will be on 6.0.1 and then I can proceed to root it again? My download mode shows that I am using official samsung firmware but its custom. Or do I need to find a 5.0.2 stock firmware then flash it and update from there? I can't find my region's 5.0.2 anymore because its too old, I'm from Singapore by the way.

Any help is greatly appreciated, have been trying for 6 hours to get this to work so far and frankly I dont think I want to go through the trouble of rooting once I update to 6.0.1 because of this cumbersome process just to try and minimize battery drain.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1O16Lhj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment