Monday, August 29, 2016

Stuck on Google logo after a Nandroid backup, nothing works to go forward

I was doing normal stuff when I noticed that for some reason my google account had dissapeared from the device. It is not the first time that happens not only in my N5X, but also on an old S2 so since I'm paranoid instead of just putting it again, though of some malware and decided to restore a nandroid backup I did few days ago after reflashing august v6.0.1.

I was using @jollaman999 's multirom and it's recovery, and the recovery gave some strange errors (got an screenshot but on the device..), after reboot I was stuck on Google logo, after that, the bootanimation dots appear but they dont move, and the device resets.

I tested entering bootloader then recovery, and the original TWRP 3.0.2-1 from the backup had recovered and was working, so I decided to restore the very same backup from there. Checked md5s and all good (only a warning about a ' ' or something but all the md5s were good, it asked me to disable the md5 checking option). Restored everything without a single problem, wiped caches and rebooted.. in the very same situation.

I decided to just sideload the last full OTA from August security patches, and I sideloaded it normally. After sideload, not only the problem persisted, but also the original image that appears when turning on the phone (the warning about unlocked bootloader, which usually is orange) was red and talked about corrupted phone. I just flashed TWRP with fastboot and flashed ElementalX kernel and the turn-on screen turned to be orange ok (wtf?), but nothing got fixed and I was in the very same situation.

I decided to do a complete wipe after saving the data on TWRP, including formatting system, and then sideloaded the full OTA again, again without errors, but I appear in the same Bootanimation start-bootlop status than before.

So I have access to aboot (fastboot) and can flash TWRP and use it, but something is wrong and I am kinda lost, never been on this situation. What would you do guys? The OTA supposedly flashed Bootloader, Radio, Boot, System and Vendor and checked that everything flashed OK, yet the boot animation doesn't even start moving...

The Nandroid restore image doesn't have MultiRom.

Thanks for the help guys.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bQb3bK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment