Sunday, August 28, 2016

Really need a dev's help.

It seems my Nexus 4 (mako) is experiencing hardware issues. Long story short, I've ruled out software problems (returned it to complete stock), and from my testing, it seems that the crash happens whenever the battery experiences high power draw.

Slightly longer story:
When the problem started, the phone was still usable either when using it while plugged into the charger, or when using it underclocked (to half the MHz) on powersave governor. Also when the phone is off, I could only start it while it's plugged in, presumably because the underclock is not yet set during boot thus there is high power draw. Now the problem gotten worse to the point that I can't even start up the phone while it's plugged into a charger. It even crashes when trying to show the battery charging animation when the phone is off and being charged.

Despite all of this, I can use the phone's TWRP recovery without a problem (even when not plugged in). Flashing things with it, and accessing the internal storage through MTP works fine. This gives me hope that perhaps if I can get my hands on a kernel that is underclocked (to half the MHz or less) and perhaps also on powersave governor by default, perhaps I can still use the phone. I just really need it to survive another week. That's when I'll be able to get another phone. .

Could someone, anyone, please provide me a kernel that is underclocked (to half the MHz or less) and using powersave governor by default? That would help me tremendously (or rather, is my last hope), and hopefully is not too much work for kernel devs. Again, I just need my phone to work for one more week.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ckWd0c
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment