Monday, August 1, 2016

Installed Xposed Framework zip, soft-bricked phone :(

Hey guys,

I know I know, I was stupid to try to get this working but I tried and failed. Now I'm just looking to get my old phone back and just leave it at being rooted (with custom recovery installed) and a custom rom. All 3 of these I had successfully done before I installed the framework zip which is where the problems arose.
I'll give you as much information as possible:

Phone: SM-G935F (UK version and on EE network)
Rooted with: CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx-smg935f
Custom Recovery flashed: twrp-3.0.2-2-hero2lte.img.tar
Other things flashed: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
Custom Rom flashed: KryxxOS-R1.3-G935F.zip

All of these were working and I should have stopped here but with the new Pokemon craze I really wanted Xposed installed to use the modules for it however massively regret it. I wish to get back to this point.

Zip used for Xposed: xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip

Phone initially wouldn't do anything apart from show a battery (not charging (grey icon with lightening in it)) icon when connected to power. And it would ONLY do something when booting into download mode allowing me to go into it. It seemed the custom recovery was no longer working. I then tried everything, flashing back all Stock firmware for my model using ODIN and correct files for my phone (G935FXXU1APF2_G935FEVR1APE2_EVR), that didn't work. Even when installing only AP, all 4 using first HOME_CSC in the CSC and then using all 4 using the CSC file in the CSC. Then I tried using Smart Switch's recovery system, this failed also. Then I remembered hmmm, I can try to reflash my custom recovery using Odin. That WORKED. I thought great now I can do something and sure enough I could wipe my phone and access my files on my phone again when rebooted. After the reboot I tried just re-flashing the SU, the no-verify and the custom ROM thinking it would take me back. It still didn't boot. Black screen nothing. The last thing I attempted was to flash the Xposed Framework uninstaller and used this zip : xposed-uninstaller-20150831-arm64. I didn't know what this asci files were so I didn't flash them? After flashing the uninstaller, I again flashed SU, no-verify and the custom ROM. Nothing. Still nothing. However...whilst I was typing this, because my phone was connected to my PC and not stuck in DL mode or anything, it's now randomly come up with a battery charge. 3% so far but I want to wait until its higher before I risk trying to turn it on. Could it have been a dead battery all along whilst trying to fix?

I'd appreciate your help even if its to clarify that the battery seems to be the problem. I'll keep you posted with it throughout the night but if it gets sorted tonight it means I don't have to go into the city tomorrow to buy a fix. Thanks to all who post. Ask if you need anymore information.

Chris


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aqsagZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment