Monday, August 1, 2016

Bricked my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i537. Advice?

I attempted going to my recovery mode and found a message saying "System software not authorized by AT&T has been detected on your phone." When you pay attention to the top left of Odin mode when you attempt to install, two red text lines appear. The first being "START [224, 1440]" and the next being "SECURE CHECK FAIL : recovery" I assume this is because AT&T detected something that was not supposed to be there.

The reason I believe AT&T detected something was because I attempted to flash a rom for Android 4.4.2 (Lollipop) using Droidviews tutorial (sorry, new user so I can't post the link :/) among others. This was with root access, which may have tripped the bootloader as well. I believe I was supposed to install a custom bootloader like TWRP or CWM beforehand (and I tried getting TWRP but it did not seem possible with AT&T's bootloader so I figured I may as well try it without and afterwards it would be easier); however, I never read any instructions in any of the websites I have used to root/update my phone that say I must have it so I am skeptical. Any guesses on how to fix it?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aEnsPr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment