Monday, August 1, 2016

Anyone replaced a screen on one of these?

Sorry, I know this is a developer site, but I'm at a loss here.

I have a Verizon M8 for Windows that had a dodgy touch screen. Everything else worked fine. I purchased an LCD/digitizer and installed it. LCD wont come on. Phone powers on, syncs to PC, I can navigate around by taking screen shots and viewing on the PC, so I know the phone is working ok.

So, I purchased a 2nd screen, thinking the 1st one might be faulty. Same thing. No LCD. If I plug the original LCD in, it lights up fine (I cracked it removing the digitizer, so can't re-use it).

Next, I purchased a good, tested 2nd hand motherboard (Verizon, For windows) thinking I may have damaged the LCD connector. Still no LCD display.

Does anyone know if the screens are specific to either the Verizon or Windows Phone versions? Or anything else I might be missing? I've been repairing phones for years (mostly iPhone, Samsung, Lumia) so I'm not new at this.

Regards.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2arhwK5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment