Saturday, May 28, 2016

TAB S2 LTE. How to make it to forget obsolete Networks

Hello dear fellows.

I've updated my S2 LTE today through OTA from version 5.0.2 to version 6.0.1.

While in 5.0.2, I contacted Samsung about a procedure to make the S2 to forget obsolete networks, since the usual method does not work, because networks not in range are not shown!
Except for another guy asking the same question (somewhere), I didn't found anything in the net about this issue, I don't know if people already realized the problem... (seems all people is quite busy getting root and/or the new firmware).

So, Samsung told me the feature is not available, that I should backup with Kies and do a factory reset! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

I wait for the 6.0.1 hopping that the problem was solved in this version, but NOOO, they MEAN it. IT IS NOT available!

So...
- Does anyone one of you manage to find a way to make the S2 to forget / delete old unused networks?
- Does anyone find acceptable the actual status quo of the problem?
- Is there someone with a reasonable explanation for this feature being removed from S2 firmware? (At least some explanation I can swallow)?

Thank you all.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Rz274U
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment