Monday, June 27, 2016

Wifi Battery Problem

Hey guys,

I have following problem with wifi:

If I turn off my wifi in settings it still drains battery in the battery stats. Also when I turn on airplane mode the active wifi line has no gaps in battery stats. I turned off wifi scanning and searched for all apps that have permission to wifi and uninstalled them. But still I could not turn switch off wifi completely. The only way to turn off the wifi battery drain is to turn off wifi in settings and reboot the phone. However, when I turn on wifi after the reboot I can not switch it off again.
So since I could not find the reason what cause wifi to always stay active even when I turned it off I made a factory reset. But the problem was still there. Next I updated my stock OxygenOS 3.1.2 to the newest 3.1.3 version but still have the same behaviour.

Do you also have an always active wifi in battery stat? Is this a software or hardware bug and is there a fix or an app to manually kill wifi completely?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/292V4bh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment