Thursday, June 30, 2016

DT2 - Drastic Battery Drain! Google services?

I am coming from a Droid Turbo - best phone I ever had -and never had any issues with it. Perfect right from the start.

I now have a DT2 and I get this immense battery drain at random times. The phone runs super hot and the drain is equivalent to 1% per minute. REAL BAD!
I even had the phone replaced and the problem persisted, so I know it's not a hardware issue.
The drain goes away in safe mode as well. So it must be software!
I've dwindled everything down with no positive results.

So I started looking at GSAM to get better stats on the battery.
It's showing Google Services eating up all of my battery with gmail trailing close behind.
So I look at my accounts and they seem to be constantly syncing. As soon as one stops, the other starts and they keep cycling like that.

All of my accounts are set to Push and I have very few items in my account checked off to sync.
Just the basics like people details, mail, calendar, contacts, google keep and g+. Everything else is turned off.

FYI, I also have an exchange account on there set to push.

I've attached 3 screenshots to help visualize what's going on.
The most notable one is the standard batter app. The big dip is when the phone started getting hot and draining.

Does anyone know whats happening or how to fix it? I never had this problem with my original Droid Turbo, even with the same accounts.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160630-143423.png Views: N/A Size: 91.0 KB ID: 3799404   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160630-143501.jpg Views: N/A Size: 230.2 KB ID: 3799405   Click image for larger version Name: Screenshot_20160630-143538.png Views: N/A Size: 177.1 KB ID: 3799406  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/298n7qY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment