Friday, May 27, 2016

Xperia Z having USB problems?

I've been using this Xperia Z for about 2 years now, I haven't root it or anything like that. It started a few weeks ago after a drop (I'm not sure if it's related, the drop was quite mild compared to everything it has been through). The battery fell out, because I got the mic replaced from water damage and the technician did a lousy job gluing the backplate back on, I also removed it myself to help it recover from a second water damage a few months ago.

Now, the phone seems to be having problems with its USB port. Either that or it's a software problem. When I plug it in my wall charger, it detects its but won't charge until the battery is completely empty (htt p://postimg.org/image/z3lvehtxn/). No pc will detect it when plugged in via USB (MTP & MSC mode tried with and without USB debugging), so I can't flash any roms to it try to fix it, it has also been factory reset twice. Tried different chargers and cables, none of them made any difference.

Yes, I should probably get a new phone, but as a broke student I don't have a lot of money to spare


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TOjlB0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment