Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cannot install recovery, no matter what. Locked bootloader.

Troubles started when trying to upgrade to 23.5.A.0.575 shown here. The ROM simply got itself unrooted and ate my recovery. So I downgrade to 17.1.2.A.0.314 in order to root, successfully root, and then try every goddamn way to install a recovery but it just does not work. I've used the Nut's dual recovery here, the install script reports everything's peachy, it installs NDRUtils, but when I ask to reboot to recovery it just reboots normally. Also uring one of my attempts, the final ROM stayed rooted but /system became readonly, rendering it useless.

What do I do? If I flash the older firmware, shouldn't it wipe everything and make it possible to install the recovery normally - a recovery claimed to work with locked bootloaders? (I'm not unlocking my bootloader).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25iWEc5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment