Sunday, May 1, 2016

Possibly bricked Acer Iconia Tab 8 (A1-840FHD)

My cousing handed me over this device asking for help. Checking it out it seems either the internal storage (or storage controller) went bad or it got corrupted somehow. I tried loading the ROM over the external SD card but it won't mount. The errors happen with both custom and stock recovery, so I believe the storage controller went caput.

In order to have more options I loaded a custom recovery with fastboot (which worked) but it won't do anything regarding storage (won't format, won't mount), be it internal or external. My cousing said this happened when he was downloading a map to use on a GPS app.

Given the popularity of this device I also did not find all img files (specially system) that I could load with fastboot.

This is what it looks like:


Is this something fixable or is this e-waste?

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Tok2N6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment