Friday, May 27, 2016

If you've physically taken the N6 apart, can you please help me?

I've had a long 24 hours with my N6. Dropped it in the toilet last night, pulled it out immediately but flashlight was on and stays on, even when device is off. Couldn't get any software to turn it off, figured something shorted out somewhere. Found instructions on youtube for how to get it open, figured I would just unplug the camera and be cameraless but at least not have the light on all the time draining battery.

During the process of removing everything i apparently broke the solder that is how the power/vol buttons plug into the mobo, so they stopped working completely. I also learned that flashlight is not controlled by the camera, so removing the camera does nothing. I could not find where the lights plugged in, but I did find just below the lights if I stuck a small slit of a credit card and wedged it between two pieces of plastic, the lights went off. So I did that and buttoned it back up, then downloaded some apps that allowed me to have a functioning phone without the use of the power/vol keys. I thought I was good to go, all things considered.

Later I learn the thing will not charge. Like I plug it in and get the charging icon on the phone, but it doesn't actually charge. When I took the thing apart I did not even touch the charging portion of the phone's internals, so I don't exactly know why it would not be charging at all. I can also place it on a Qi wireless dock and the dock lights blue to show it is receiving the qi signal (charging), but if I look on the phone itself, it doesn't not show the charge sign, so I assume it is not charging. Also in order to get the phone on with no functioning power button, you have to hook it up to the Qi charger and that automatically boots the phone up. That is working as well, but again, it's just not charging.

So somehow the wired and wireless charging mechanisms in the phone are being recognized by the phone, they just aren't actually doing any real charging. I'm about to pull out my hair if I can't figure this out. Please let me know if you have any ideas and I would greatly appreciate it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TG96AL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment