Thursday, March 10, 2016

MHC19J & Data En/Decryption

Hello all,

Seeing MHC19J being the latest update to 6.0.1, I'm tempted to flash factory images like I've done for previous monthly updates (system, vendor, cache, bootloader, radio). Giving all the discussion on MHC19J & twrp v3 related to data encryption, I just want a few clarifications before I go ahead and get myself into trouble.

Here's my current setup:

-Data/Storage Decrypted (formatted userdata using twrp v2.x after unlocking bootloader when I first got 5X)
-MMB29Q - Feb 1 2016 security patch level
-Stock Rooted with Systemless v2.67 beta
-Xposed installed

Here's clarifications I'm looking for:

- will flashing MHC19J automatically RE-encrypt data/storage?
- if so, is there any way to De-crypt it without wiping data/storage? This is important to me because I'd rather keep my phone decrypted for superior performance gains and I don't really have time to reinstall my apps and restore data via Titanium backup at the moment.

If there's no way to decrypt again without completely wiping data, I think I'd rather go with V version or stay on Feb update for now.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1pAckIl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment