Wednesday, March 9, 2016

EE wifi calling on S7 - G930F. It seems to work

Tried and tried to get wifi calling enabled on my G900F but it would never work. I got a suitable pit file and resized the ext4 partition so it installed correctly, but icon would never appear even when wifi calling enabled in settings and enabled by EE.

Got a G930F Galaxy S7 yesterday. It didn't come from EE so should have come with BTU firmware (I didnt check - but it didn't come with EE EVR firmware). It's a carphone warehouse one. It's the non edge version.

EE firmware appeared today on sammobile so I downloaded it and just went for it, but I expected it to fail so I had the BTU version of the firmware downloaded ready to flash to recover my phone.

It installed without a hitch (no ext4 partition error) and so far wifi calling seems to work. The icon appears at the top of the screen and when I make a call I have a big icon on the call screen. I need EE signal to completely drop in the house before I'm sure though, and annoyingly their signal is stronger than usual tonight.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1py4XRE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment