Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Can't wipe or change /data

Hi, today I encountered a severe problem.

I wanted to share a 1GB pdf file on my computer to my phone, so I put it on Dropbox. On the phone, I normally would "export to SDcard" but I saw a new option called "Make Available Offline". So I chose that and left the phone to download for about 30 mins.

Then all of a sudden, I kept getting popups "com.google.gapps" stopped responding, and suddenly all my programs kept popping up to say they've stopped responding, even programs like keyboard and titanium backup and many other programs I didn't think were even running. They were popping up at the rate of twice every second and its hard to even press "Ok". Slowly I managed to get into the Settings->Apps then noticed Dropbox has cache of 500MB and data of 200MB. I tried to clear cache, nothing happened. Tried to clear data, nothing happened. Tried the Settings->Apps->3 dots->Clear all app cache, it says 1GB cleared, but still giving me popups. I tried to uninstall Dropbox, Facebook, and other large programs, it says they're uninstalled but upon reboot they're still there. Dropbox is gone from the list, but its still in the launcher as a grey icon. Facebook everytime I press Uninstall app, the phone reboots.

Then I went into CWM recovery, chose "wipe cache" and "wipe dalvik", all it did was upon next reboot I'd have "Android isupgrading, optimising app xxx of 268".

Finally I decided to "factory reset" from CWM recovery. So I wiped data, cache and dalvik.

Upon reboot, I'm STILL back at my normal OS/launcher. Its as if /data is locked and can't be written to or something.

What do I do?

Phone is Asus Padfone A68, ROM is Android Kitkat (4.4?) standard. CWM recovery is installed, some old version that works with this phone.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1py7Wtn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment