Friday, July 1, 2016

Lockscreen not working, also "System UI isn't responding" and Settings app FC

Hey there. I hope this hasn't been addressed already, I wasn't able to find a thread that would help me.

I'm running stock 6.0, no root. A month ago, one day my MXP lockscreen started having some pretty terrible problems; it wouldn't respond, basically. Pulling down would end up with a frozen lock image, then I'd need to press the power button to switch it off, then press it again to get to the proper lockscreen, and that wouldn't work either. After trying about 200 times I would be able to unlock it, then I'd start having problems with the notification bar (wouldn't work/wouldn't get to quick toggles). I tried rebooting several times, but after a few seconds on the issue would start again. Somehow after a while it seemed to start working properly on its own.

Today the same thing is happening. Only this time it's persisting after four hours. I guessed I would just disable the lockscreen altogether, and that seemed to work for about ten minutes. Now I get the notification bar issue, random system UI not responding messages, app switcher issues, a sometimes-not-working home soft button, and when I try to set the lockscreen again it asks for my pin (which I'm not sure it should, being that I disabled the lock); when I type it in the security app crashes.

The issue persists on safe mode as well.
Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/298vbH1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment