Friday, July 29, 2016

N6 power button stopped working, now I can't turn phone on

My power button stopped working a couple days ago but I was still able to wake device with volume buttons. I was worried that if my phone were to shut off I wouldn't be able to turn it back on so I booted into bootloader and was going to try and flash "oem off-mode-charge 0" (which should then make the phone power on when plugged into charger). At the time I couldn't detect the device using fastboot and as I was searching around on my computer the screen on the phone turned off (was in bootloader at the time). I'm not sure at this point if my phone was on and that both the power and volume buttons were not waking device or if the phone turned itself off. I have tried the hold the volume down and plug the charger in trick to try and get back into bootloader but nothing happens. When I plug phone into my computer it takes about 20 seconds but I get the little windows ding that something has been connected but phone is still not responsive. I'm starting to think I'm a little screwed here but welcome any input.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aEWSoT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment