Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bringing Moto X features over to the S5

I'm coming to the S5 from the original Moto X, and there are a lot of features I really don't want to leave behind.

From what I can tell, the S5 doesn't have any kind of "Always listening mode" that lets you launch Google Now when the screen is off through a voice command. I'm still looking to see how to get that to function correctly witout draining all the battery. But what I would really like to have again is wave to wake and active/moto display.

Is there a way if I'm rooted to change a config file or something for the "Air wake up" feature? Right now it's a few seconds of holding your hand in front of the proximity sensor on the front to turn on the screen. But is there an app out there or a way to go into /sys to tailor that to how I want it to work? Or a ROM that does it?

Same thing for an Active/Moto display. The S5 has an AMOLED, so there's no reason why it should turn on the entire screen.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29h4M7l
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment