Thursday, April 28, 2016

help - phone has malware spyware preintsalled

This Topic's Starter
So I ordered as Chinese phone off eBay from UK warehouse but Chinese seller. Box was unsealed when it arrived but the excuse for this could be that the original eu charger was removed and a UK adapted put in instead.
I did a massage bytes scan straight away and it came back clean, same with 360 security scan.
360 security and found something
BUT
i've browsed through the app list under settings and the only one I see which I'm not sure what is is something called "pandora's box" and pandora's box service 3.6mb and 86kb respecively.
under app permissions for the second it basically lists everythings phone calls, texts, camera , audio gps, contacts, set alarm , screen lock, add and move acounts, change system settings, change network connections, control flashlight.....

neither can be uninstalled from the phone or disabled, just force stopped which makes no difference.

i have googled pandoras box which comes up to be an actual real app BUT this is NOT what is on my phone as I can install it which I wouldn't be able to do and as I said nothing called Pandora's box appears in my app tray it point appears under settongs-apps-all apps

Can take as screen shot of needed.

Can anyone help at all shed some light on this. I would just return thee phone but I'd have to do it signed to make sure the seller couldn't just say they never got the rerun paackaage which would cost £10-20 and it's probably not worth the hassle for thee cost of the phone.

It's a really nice phone with good specs and design build I hope to be able to resolve this and keep it.
Hope someone out there caann help


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NXPKPs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment