Thursday, April 28, 2016

Galaxy Tab 3 (T217S) Mysterious Wanam Xposed warning, battery drain

So this notification pops up the other day, after a large number of months running WX with no issues that says it can damage my device 'even if the dev says its safe'. No idea where the warning came from as there was no attribution on it, and I didn't think to check it on the actual notification.

I wasn't too concerned, tried to update it, but actually updated the Xposed Framework instead. That night my battery, which usually uses maybe 3% while inactive in a night went down over 60%. When I recharged enough I decided to disable the module, since the only really important thing I need it for was the volume warning disable, which I already had another module for.

So just wondering if anyone knows where in hell this warning came from, and if it actually may have had something to do with my massive battery drain (I suppose it is possible I left the 4G on after installing Xposed, but even that doesn't usually cause that much drain). Also, is the warning possibly correct? I notice WX hasn't had an update for a good while, wondering if some change to my device may have made it dangerous, although I haven't really done any recent updates there.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1N3SOil
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment