Sunday, April 3, 2016

Excessive battery drain - 6.12.401.4

Hi everyone,

Purchased a used GSM M8 a few days ago, it was carrier branded to Telstra AU. I unlocked the bootloader and got S-OFF through Sunshine.
Changed the MID to 0P6B1000 and the CID to HTC__001.
Flashed 6.12.401.4 and it has been running flawlessly except for the crazy battery consumption.
I converted to GPE to see if it'd make a difference, it did, not a big one, but the battery was life comparatively better. I'm already loving stock Android on my Nexus 6, so I decided to stick with Sense 7 on the M8, however the battery life is horrible.
Stats show nothing irregular, I'll post screenshots when I've unplugged the phone from a full charge.
Since the M8 is my secondary phone, it is barely used, and all battery saving things have been done. Location services, Wi-Fi, BT are off. Facebook is disabled and most of the google apps are disabled too except for Play Store and GMail.
Only apps installed are the stock ones and WhatsApp + Tapatalk.

I unplugged the phone at 9:00 AM today (charged with Tronsmart QC 2.0), everything was off. It is now 3:22 PM, with 10 minutes of WhatsApp at 11 AM and nothing after that. The battery is now 59%
Cell standby seems to be consuming most of the battery at 51% usage, with Phone Idle at 42%, and Wi_Fi at 7%.
If it makes a difference, the phone has a foreign SIM in it and it is on Roaming right now.


All replies would be appreciated.


P.S: I've tried re-flashing, factory reset, you name it. Nothing works.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1W2Gd0D
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment