Saturday, July 2, 2016

[Q] Going from TF101 Stock to KatKiss 6.01.....without Volume Down button

Ok, this is a pretty specific question to my weird situation. I was trying to upgrade and it failed, so I had to flash back to the Stock ICS ROM from Asus.

Is there anyway to install TWRP, so that I can then install KatKiss 6.01...but without using the Volume down button (which is broken)?

I can:
- Boot into APX mode (via power volume-up)
- Use EasyFlasher 8.3 to try to install TWRP 2.2.1 (which I was going to upgrade later)
- But after the install of TWRP via EasyFlasher , you have to immediately reboot into recovery mode. and to do that you need power and Volume Down. If I just boot normally, then my understanding is TWRP gets overwritten.

FYI: I understand there is a command level "adb reboot recovery" option. But that doesn't work right after an installation of TWRP via EasyFlasher, as it is not APX connectable at that point.

Any help, thoughts, guidance?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29mFEiT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment