Saturday, July 2, 2016

BUILD.PROP. Why so Serious?

Hi guys,

I was testing and editing build.prop file on my phone and something strange happened!.
I just rebooted the phone just to test if my edited build was showing and the next thing you know upon reboot my pattern and fingerprint locks weren't recognized, as if someone had changed them, I was like WHAT THE HELL! Even my backup pin wasn't working. I didn't now messing up with build.prop could do such a thing! :laugh:

Fortunately, I had a backup of my prop file in my downloads folder BUT I couldn't restore it using TWRP manager and couldn't see ROOT Files on my Windows PC. I tried many root explorers for PC but they didn't show the root files.

In the end, I managed to use ADB Commands push/pull to do the job and THANK GOD it worked, I got my build.prop restored! :victory:

REMEMBER:
1. ALWAYS BACKUP BUILD.PROP if you are going to mess with it.
2. ALWAYS HAVE DEBUGGING MODE ENABLED in developer options, so you could workaround with the files using ADB commands (I had that enabled already :)).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29aosIa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment