Friday, July 1, 2016

Bluetooth headset issue

I'm having problems with the controls on my bluetooth headset(Jaybird Bluebuds) connected to my M8(stock).

The headphones have an inline remote with three buttons- one for volume up, one for down, and in the middle one for play/pause. The middle button is activating some redial command when all that it should be doing is play/pause. I was able to find reports of similar issues via the google which suggested several different applications which were suppose to fix this but none of them were able to fix the problem for me. They sort-of help by making it so the first few times I hit play/pause it works but then later on I get a little voice saying redial several times in rapid succession as if it is just getting queued up.

To be clear, this is just on a single press completely different from the long-press that activates the voice command thingy.

It was mostly working as desired a while ago, occasionally it would mess up but I attributed that to me not hitting the button right. Lately it has gotten unbearable. It has been especially difficult to try and narrow down this problem as it seems to be random as to whether it decides to play/pause my music properly or try to redial. Since I am constantly using my M8 as a podcast/audiobook player I really need to get this fixed, and if I need to do any rooting or custom rom stuff to get it to work how I need it to I'm willing, but I need to be pointed in the right direction.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29hOP2h
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment