Friday, July 1, 2016

Apps Only Update After Restart - Battery Drain

My T-Mobile LG G3 D851 has been running fine for 2 years. Over the past 6 months or so, the phone would not update apps unless a restart was performed. This was fine for me, as I would just restart once every few days and get the updates then.

But for the past week or two, the battery has been draining like crazy. Once I restart and the apps update, the battery drain slows down, but it still goes down much quicker than in the past. I've installed Greenify. I've studied the battery drain in Settings and it first appeared to be Google Play Services hogging up 40% of my battery, but installing Greenify seems to have nullified that. Right now, it looks like Android OS is causing the phone to lose battery.

I've also ordered another battery and am waiting for it. I'm not sure if this will help. The phone is generally warm/hot to the touch near the camera and button area (upper half).

Rooted, Xposed, stock rom with no OTA updates ever since I bought the phone in 2014, froze some stock T-Mobile apps and bloat

Can anyone help me?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/298vQnN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment