Sunday, April 3, 2016

[RANT] People with signatures on XDA

I hate people with long signatures and have a GIF in them. Really side tracks me.
First we have people who uses XDA from a mobile application, which has signatures enabled as default.

Code:

sent from my a0001
I could not care less.

Then we have the people who adds a GIF to their signature
fng gif
(upvote or whatever)
Which doesn't make me upvote their comment or whatever, instead it side-tracks me from the post I'm trying to read. Really annoying and pictures should be allowed in signatures.

Then we have people who have their lifes work on a signature.
I don't mind those people, as it may be hard work they have put up. But still; not my thing.

Then we have people who have all information in the world about their phone, what ROM they run, recovery, kernel, settings, sometimes even weird patches.
IF I WANTED TO KNOW THAT STUFF YOU RUN THEN I WOULD ASK YOU RIGHT!?!? As if every human in the world asked the guy and he didn't want to tell each one by one.

At last we have people who bough a OnePlus device. So what people would do right, is they include the whole process of buying the phone into their signature. Not only on the XDA forum, but also on the oneplus forums (renamed to Community). It's getting on my nerves everytime i browse the OnePlus forums. Literally everyone has that stuff. STOP IT!
Code:

bought the phone 11/11/11
> processing 11/11/12
> shipping 22/11/33
> recived 77/33/22

CONGRATS!?!
Some people also have a picture instead of text, which makes it even harder to scroll down. Like I care when your device was bought.

Something to add with this ****, is that it makes a page go really fast, especially if they have a large signature.

For some reason you can even add which mobile carrier you have on your phone to your XDA profile. What's next? IMEI, S.O?

So you there: stop with signatures completely, they were made for emails in the first place and instead turned to be a spam in forums, people writing one line reply then a signature which is the motherload, that's SPAM. No wonders there's not a lot of posts in one page.

I can't tell if this rant was a long one or not. Some people will say for sure that you can turn off signatures or whatever. That shouldn't be necessary, instead look at your ugly signatures and remove them.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Y892qL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment