Wednesday, April 27, 2016

How To Change Emojis On SM-N915P tbltespr Sprint Galaxy Note Edge Running 6.0.1

Hey Everyone!

Now, before I begin, this is my first post, so if I did something wrong, Mods please fix it, or let me know and I'll be happy change my post, move it, etc.

I'm posting this because I couldn't find this information anywhere online so I decided to make it available to everyone, and post it here!

(PS. If you don't like reading, skip to the bottom)

Alright, so recently I update from 5.1.1, to 6.0.1 on my Note Edge (on Sprint) and right away, of course, I rooted it. At this point, among the many things on my checklist of things to do after rooting, was to change the emojis (because I personally DESPISE the stock Samsung Emojis).

Being the only way I know to do this, I tried using emoji switcher. As many of you probably already know, that didn't work. So I poked around Google, and learned that the font couldn't be changed on 6.0.1 (unless you use a workaround that apparently no one wants to disclose. But irrelavent details aside...).

That was for stock Marshmallow though. So I kept poking through my root directory, and aside from the normal "NotoColorEmoji.ttf" file that everyone says is the one you change, I also found one called "SamsungColorEmoji.ttf"

So I tried taking my desired NotoColorEmoji.ttf file, the one I wanted to apply as opposed to the Samsung Emojii font, and pasting it into system/fonts, then deleting both SamsungColorEmoji.ttf, and the ORIGIONAL NotoColorEmoji.ttf, and renaming the new desired font file to SamsungColorEmoji.ttf.

That way, since touchwiz is simply looking for that filename, itll use that font instead.

So basically, its the same concept as replacing NotoColor in Stock Marshmallow, but just for TW.



So a little summary for those who don't like reading ;)



Requirements:

You need to be rooted, obviously, and you need a file browser that can go up to the root (so a common one I like to use is Root Browser).


[Insert Clever "I'm not responsible for your device" Disclaimer here]


Step 1: Find your desired .ttf font file, either online, or maybe you already have one, whatever the case may be

Step 2: Copy it into /system/fonts

Step 3: Delete both "NotoColorEmoji.ttf" and "SamsungColorEmoji.ttf"

Step 4: Rename it to "SamsungColorEmoji.ttf"

Step 5: Reboot

Step 6: Profit :D


Hope this helps!

Be sure to let me know if this worked for you, and if not, I'll be sure to try and help with what little knowledge I have of this stuff :p


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NB09Wr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment