Saturday, April 2, 2016

Help with Nokia N1

I have tried unsuccessfully updating my Chinese N1 using fastboot using the files uploaded by wodz69 from this thread http://ift.tt/1MJa5wF .

That is the BOOT and RECOVERY files on drop box and SYSTEM file from mega . The N1 was on A5CNB19 Lollipop 5.1.1.

Prior to flashing with fast boot I tried rooting the device without success. I'm not sure, but think part of the reason I couldn't root was because the drivers hadn't installed correctly and the device didn't show up properly on my PC.

I ended up resolving the driver issue and was able to see the N1 as a drive on my PC. By that time I had given up on the root process, as I decided I didn't need it to flash the new images. Therefore I don't know if I could have rooted it or not.

On the device I had enabled "developer" mode and initially turned on USB debugging and unlocked the boot loader. I ended up turning off USB debugging for some reason prior to flashing the new images so I now don't have USB debugging on nor adb access.

Even though I had unlocked the boot loader on the N1, the device still showed it was locked when in fastboot mode. I used the fastboot oem unlock command to get it unlocked.

I was able to flash the RECOVERY and BOOT images but when it came to the SYSTEM image, which I left to last, I got this message "Invalid sparse file format at header magi" .

I have checked the MD5 sum of my copy of the SYSTEM image file and it matches the one in post #33 of http://ift.tt/1MJa5wF .

I cannot get the N1 to boot up past what I'm calling the fastboot mode screen.

When I press the Power button on the device I get a screen giving the choice of either starting using the POWER key or rejecting the image by pressing VOLUME.

If I choose the POWER button the device hangs on a screen with "Powered by android'.

Rejecting the image by pressing the VOLUME button brings up the "Powered by android screen' for a few seconds prior to showing a screen which I'm calling the fastboot screen.

On this screen there's a box at the top, which by using the volume keys, can be toggled between NORMAL BOOT, POWER OFF, RECOVERY MODE, RESTART BOOTLOADER . Below that is the green android symbol lying on its back with an open flap showing its insides (blue IC's). About half way down on the left of the screen is status information with "Fastboot mode" (in red) at the top.

If I choose RESTART BOOTLOADER or RECOVERY MODE the device boots back the fastboot screen. NORMAL BOOT brings up the screen asking to either start using the Power button or reject the image using the volume buttons. POWER OFF works OK.

Where do I go from here to either reflash the original ROM or another ROM, or get the new SYSTEM image working?

There doesn't appear to be any repositories for Nokia images, at least I cannot find any. Would I have any success trying another Lollipop ROM for an Intel tablet. At least this way I may be able to enable USB debuging and then be able to use ADB to install a new the files I have. Apparently there has been some success using ADB.

Thanks for your help.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TqkJKf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment